I was recently asked what is the one place I want to travel to the most. Yikes! That is a hard question to answer because there are SO MANY places I still want to go to but haven’t been. Instead of getting shorter the more I travel, my travel bucket list seems to get longer as I read and hear about new places.
But I have thought long and hard about it and decided that if I had unlimited vacation time and lots of extra money, there are a few places in particular I would start. I have listed them below in two parts – one for international and one for travel in the US. And so without further ado, here is my list. (Note: I haven’t been to any of these places so the photos are not mine. They are from a Blogger’s best friend, Canva).
- Thailand – This has been at the top of my list for a long time, maybe since I first started traveling abroad in 2013. I want to experience the culture there. I want to hang out with some elephants (but not ride them. Please don’t do that!). I’d also love to spend time at some of the quieter islands and beaches and ride in a long boat like the one seen below. Thailand is probably the #1 spot I want to travel to in the near future.
- South Africa– South Africa has also been on my list for a while. I would love to visit Cape Town (you can see black-footed penguins there!) and also go on a safari in Kruger National Park while I am there. I have a few friends from South Africa so hopefully, I can spend time with them while I am there too!
- Scotland – This is a newer addition to this list but I really want to see Highland Cows, like the one pictured below. I guess you can take the girl out of the farm but you can’t take the farm out of the girl. 🙂
- The Galápagos Islands – so much wildlife to see!
- Antarctica – my first cruise perhaps?
- The Maldives and/or Bora Bora – over water bungalow anyone?
- New Zealand
- Prince Edward Island – I want to see where Anne of Greene Gables hung out
In the USA
- Antelope Canyon in Arizona and Monument Valley in Colorado. I’m including these together because in my mind, I’d visit them both as per of a massive road trip. Maybe that isn’t realistic?! I will admit I haven’t looked into it too much yet. If not, I guess that means I’ll have to visit friends in Colorado while visiting Monument Park in one trip and then go to Arizona and visit the canyon and friends in a second trip.
Scenic Road leading to Monument Valley
- Glacier National Park – My parents went to Glacier National Park in the summer of 2018 and their photos were amazing! I definitely want to go and check it out soon!
- Acadia National Park & Maine – I have been in Maine but it was only a brief visit. I would love to go back and explore more. I also want to visit Acadia National Park while I am there (there is definitely a National Park theme to my travel bucket list).
- Nashville, TN – I know, I can’t believe I haven’t been here either! My cousin wants to celebrate her 50th birthday in Nashville in a few years. That may be my chance to go.
- Santa Fe, New Mexico – I think a weekend girls’ trip to Santa Fe would be fun and a little bit different (maybe not as different as a girls’ trip to North Dakota though).
- An Alaskan Cruise – I did the land part of an Alaskan trip but I’d love to complete the cruise part as well someday.
- Buffalo, New York during a massive snow storm. Tell me watching it snow many feet of snow at once wouldn’t be exhilarating?!
So there’s my travel bucket list. What would your list look like? What are a couple of places you really want to visit soon? Tell me in the comments below.